lonelyface :-(
Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 00:01    Post subject:
Phluxed wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:
Maybe your standards are too high?


Ah, the ever popular arguement among my friends. My standards are entirely intellectul and emotional when I am interested in a woman. I have to be physically attracted as well, but thats a given and I won't bother denying it. I talk to a lot of good looking women, and even if they come off as an airhead, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps my standards are 'too high' or I'm just not settling. I almost made that mistake once and I actually want to date people that I can get along with, with ease, rather than forcibly.



smarts and emotional are good standards. Is the young one still msg'ing you.
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 00:29    Post subject:
pistolshrimp wrote:
Phluxed wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:
Maybe your standards are too high?


Ah, the ever popular arguement among my friends. My standards are entirely intellectul and emotional when I am interested in a woman. I have to be physically attracted as well, but thats a given and I won't bother denying it. I talk to a lot of good looking women, and even if they come off as an airhead, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps my standards are 'too high' or I'm just not settling. I almost made that mistake once and I actually want to date people that I can get along with, with ease, rather than forcibly.



smarts and emotional are good standards. Is the young one still msg'ing you.


She sent me several emails in a short period, stopped hearing from her, then she started back up again.


Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 00:36    Post subject:
Phluxed wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:
Phluxed wrote:


Ah, the ever popular arguement among my friends. My standards are entirely intellectul and emotional when I am interested in a woman. I have to be physically attracted as well, but thats a given and I won't bother denying it. I talk to a lot of good looking women, and even if they come off as an airhead, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps my standards are 'too high' or I'm just not settling. I almost made that mistake once and I actually want to date people that I can get along with, with ease, rather than forcibly.



smarts and emotional are good standards. Is the young one still msg'ing you.


She sent me several emails in a short period, stopped hearing from her, then she started back up again.



You should ask her if she has any legal and older friends, perhaps an older hot sister hahahaha She won't be impressed.
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 01:37    Post subject:
Knowing this girl, it'll make her try harder..


Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 05:20    Post subject:
its 4:15 AM and i just cant sleep, I cant get this shit out of my head. Im missing her so much that its hurting me now, I dont know how to handle these feelings Sad I dnno wtf to do..

I feel like such a fucking sap. Why does love always hurt :/ I seriously feel like breaking down and curling up into a ball. Crying or Very sad


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
NuclearShadow
Banned



Posts: 1948

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 05:50    Post subject:
kaeye wrote:
its 4:15 AM and i just cant sleep, I cant get this shit out of my head. Im missing her so much that its hurting me now, I dont know how to handle these feelings Sad I dnno wtf to do..

I feel like such a fucking sap. Why does love always hurt :/ I seriously feel like breaking down and curling up into a ball. Crying or Very sad


Its not like shes never coming back stop being over emotional. I understand you miss her and thats fine but theres no need to take it that far. Besides don't you see that this could strengthen your relationship? Look how much you care for her. When she gets back have a nice candle light dinner ready for her and show her how much you appreciate her and the time you spend together. Focus on making that day special instead of focusing on your current physical separation.
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:15    Post subject:
its the fact that it is a weekly thing. 1 day home then 4 days away. and repeat. Its driving me mad!


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:23    Post subject:
kaeye wrote:
its 4:15 AM and i just cant sleep, I cant get this shit out of my head. Im missing her so much that its hurting me now, I dont know how to handle these feelings Sad I dnno wtf to do..

I feel like such a fucking sap. Why does love always hurt :/ I seriously feel like breaking down and curling up into a ball. Crying or Very sad



As soon as a guy starts doing that with me I get closterphobic. And I hate talking and having the same convo again and again. Seriously, I can only hear the same complaint over something out of my control a couple of times before I get pissed off.

Don't worry tho, in a couple of years you will be so hardened that you won't be capable of feeling that ever again. Very Happy
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:27    Post subject:
So you are frightened off by love?


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:31    Post subject:
kaeye wrote:
So you are frightened off by love?


I think she's frightened by clingyness. Of course, each person perceives relationships in different ways. Some people thrive on that shit, others get freaked right the hell out. I think you're freaking out unnecessarily and life will be just fine, and so will your relationship. In fact, I think it would be even better if you just relax a little. Don't stop caring or loving, just, make sure she has her space and you have yours, even when you're alone, she doesn't need to be consuming everything you think and do.


Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:34    Post subject:
She does, I cant help it. Now I think I know what my ex was bitching about for 2 years, She loved me but I didnt feel the same (not that im saying my current GF doesnt love me) I just guess those feelings are the same.


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
WaldoJ
VIP Member



Posts: 32678

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:35    Post subject:
I love clingy girls. I love having 4 hours conversations at midnight. Or spending entire days together and jush snogging and shit. Laughing But the girl I'm seeing now isn't clingy one bit. Sorta makes me think it won't last past the end of this month, but you know what... at least right now I'm happy and she's happy. That's what matters.


Sin317 wrote:
I win, you lose. Or Go fuck yourself.
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:40    Post subject:
Me? no. I was slightly joking.

But it is true tho, the older you get the better you can handle your emotions. The things you worry about change too. You start to worry about if they are going to walk off and leave you in financial ruin rather than 'you miss them so much' You become practical. No I don't really know what I am talking about. (I think chin is going to bust me on this one )
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 06:50    Post subject:
haha. I wouldnt mind chinups thoughts on this actually. He usually spreads a good word of wisdom.

Maybe if we mention his name he will awaken from his slumber and post, a bit like that monster from pans labrynth that knows when your in its lair eating its fruit Laughing


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 07:07    Post subject:
Pm him and tell him he is needed in this thread. His wisdon is always mind opening but not always practical, someone always has to take the first step with new and scary ideas and it mine as well be him.


I was sooo excited at the Pans labrynth prospect. IRL I couldn't get past the first 10 mins and the sub titles. I bet the book is better.
Back to top
deelix
PDIP Member



Posts: 32062
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 10:54    Post subject:
You should have a big party, but guess its to late now Razz


..ok, that would be kinda fucked up with your GF gone and all :\
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:26    Post subject:
She messaged me asking is something was up today. I just flat out told her in a 3 page message how I felt.. awwaiting reply..


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:33    Post subject:
I would be running for the hills if I was her. I just hate those long 3 page letters about feeling. I hate coming home to emails acting like I was ignoring them when I was just busy. But to each their own.
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:45    Post subject:
pistolshrimp wrote:
I would be running for the hills if I was her. I just hate those long 3 page letters about feeling. I hate coming home to emails acting like I was ignoring them when I was just busy. But to each their own.


lol was thinking the same thing


Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:48    Post subject:
maybe thats why you are single at your age Razz

Your TOO much of a free spirit to handle someone loving you. Its not like im stalking her and in her face every waking minute Rolling Eyes


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:51    Post subject:
Maybe.. or maybe it's pretty common to be single at my age Smile

Though, I wish I wasn't. I should tell you I was engaged at 19. I have no problem with someone loving me, but sending a big long letter is pretty... cliche and taboo.

I don't know. I don't ever advocate letting negative feelings build up, but talking to someone to their face about your problems usually has more effect.


Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:53    Post subject:
Oh sorry for the double post,
I don't mean to be ragging on you at all about it. It sucks to have emotional issues you can't convey to your loved one the way you want. I understand totally. I hope it works out for you and there is a mature response she has Smile


Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 12:58    Post subject:
kaeye wrote:
maybe thats why you are single at your age Razz

Your TOO much of a free spirit to handle someone loving you. Its not like im stalking her and in her face every waking minute Rolling Eyes


How do you know I am single Razz

The 2 page letter is the dreaded symbol fueled by worry and needing to know and confirm, basically everything. It can only be written differently so many times.
Back to top
AnimalMother




Posts: 12390
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 13:26    Post subject:
Such blatant insecurity is not attractive.


"Techniclly speaking, Beta-Manboi didnt inject Burberry_Massi with Benz, he injected him with liquid that had air bubbles in it, which caused benz." - House M.D

"Faith without logic is the same as knowledge without understanding; meaningless"
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 18:09    Post subject:
lol who said anything about PAGEs and letters.. It was a 3 sentence/page TXT message on a phone ffs Laughing

I just said we need to sort out the communication a little bit and try to organize better methods of seeing each other. Cos at the mo we spend so much time apart she may aswel be a friend i love.


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
WaldoJ
VIP Member



Posts: 32678

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 18:24    Post subject:
kaeye wrote:
lol who said anything about PAGEs and letters.. It was a 3 sentence/page TXT message on a phone ffs Laughing

I just said we need to sort out the communication a little bit and try to organize better methods of seeing each other. Cos at the mo we spend so much time apart she may aswel be a friend i love.


errr wtf? you're acting like a girl. seriously. guys aren't meant to be clingy. never. never ever. fuck is wrong with you? are you seriously THAT needy? you have a girlfriend... stick with that... why pressure her into becoming something that was eons ago. You can't force every relationship to be exactly the same as your old one where you were happy and shit.

Jesus. Honestly, such a text isn't noble or summin, it's putting the foot down on her throat. if you want to end it and find some clingy girl, go right ahead, telling her you need more of her or it's over is idiotic.

i dated girls like you, but you're a guy. Like wow... don't take what you have now for granted. Cause you'll lose it. It may not be the clingy relationship you had with your ex of 2 years and what not, but it's still a relationship. Stop acting like a dysfunctional, lonely girl, and enjoy the ride!


Wow. Sad


Sin317 wrote:
I win, you lose. Or Go fuck yourself.
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 18:38    Post subject:
Laughing your making it out to be worse than it really is waldo Rolling Eyes (Although, so am I probably)

I just get a little bored of only seeing her 1 time per week, I mean fuck, I want to see her.


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
WaldoJ
VIP Member



Posts: 32678

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 18:50    Post subject:
once a week is good enough sometimes. you are needy as fuck and clingy. If you want more and she can't give you more, go find a diff girl, otherwise stop complaining. what you have now is the norm of today. you want more, sacrifice to get more. you wanna see her more, see her where she works, or shit like that.


Sin317 wrote:
I win, you lose. Or Go fuck yourself.
Back to top
JeanPerrier




Posts: 3247

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 19:02    Post subject:
i still cant get used to waldo giving relationship advice Razz


Back to top
WaldoJ
VIP Member



Posts: 32678

PostPosted: Mon, 11th Aug 2008 19:08    Post subject:
Emo kids tend to fuck up relationships badly cause they're clingy and sad and shit. If you worry more about what you're getting from a relationship then you'll never enjoy it cause the person will never be good enough. If you take it for what it is and you work on it to make it work (relationships are a two way street) then you'll be satisfied enough. You simply cannot expect the other person to do most of the work while you're vegging at home complaining cause she don't want to spend more time with you. Call her up, talk to her, ask her when she's free and take her out. Is it really that hard? You don't need to spend 8 hours together to call it a proper date. You can go for coffee at 10 pm and talk for 2 hours. And then see her again some other time. Sheesh.

People watch too much tv and see relationships as these... clingy, needy, bullshit things that never lead anywhere. Laughing


Sin317 wrote:
I win, you lose. Or Go fuck yourself.
Back to top
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - The Bitching Session Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  


Display posts from previous:   

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group