Ok the idiocy has gotten to me again !!
Page 3 of 5 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Lutzifer
Modzilla



Posts: 12740
Location: ____________________ **** vegan zombie **** GRRAAIIINNSS _______
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 00:38    Post subject:
where did i say that? *scratches head*
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 00:38    Post subject:
Chin

I think he means they can in their own way, but not to the same degree you want them too, and not to be dissapointed when they don't live up to your expectations.

That is what I get outta it anyway.
Back to top
swingman




Posts: 3602

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 01:09    Post subject:
Nice! Everyone is playing along as if they know what this thread is about and not wanting to look stupid and ask the question that should have been asked two pages back. Very Happy

Wtf is this thread about?

All I get from the original post that chin is frustrated at someone's stupidity but beyond that it is very short on specifics. And yet everyone is going along on these hypthetical meanderings about what is wrong with people and the world in general.
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 01:14    Post subject:
The fun thing in life is that you cannot be in control all the time Smile

Sometimes life takes you for a roller coaster ride without a harness.


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
nouseforaname
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 21306
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 01:14    Post subject:
swingman wrote:
Wtf is this thread about?


+ fucking 1


asus z170-A || core i5-6600K || geforce gtx 970 4gb || 16gb ddr4 ram || win10 || 1080p led samsung 27"
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 01:39    Post subject:
nouseforaname wrote:
swingman wrote:
Wtf is this thread about?


+ fucking 1


At first I thought that. But then I think realizing the way chinup posts it was intended to be this way; to arouse conversation.

I dont expect you to get involved because you dont usually bother in topics like this anyway Wink

(no that isnt an insult)


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
deelix
PDIP Member



Posts: 32062
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 01:46    Post subject:
He doesn't even have use for a name Wink
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 01:50    Post subject:
Conversation based on overexamination of part of the human condition.... is trite.


Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 02:42    Post subject:
swingman wrote:
Nice! Everyone is playing along as if they know what this thread is about and not wanting to look stupid and ask the question that should have been asked two pages back. Very Happy

Wtf is this thread about?

All I get from the original post that chin is frustrated at someone's stupidity but beyond that it is very short on specifics. And yet everyone is going along on these hypthetical meanderings about what is wrong with people and the world in general.


Apparently it is about something “trite”




WHY SO SERIOUS Question Singman?
Back to top
AnimalMother




Posts: 12390
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 02:49    Post subject:
Phluxed wrote:
Conversation based on overexamination of part of the human condition.... is trite.


You've heard of philosophy? Theory without context.


"Techniclly speaking, Beta-Manboi didnt inject Burberry_Massi with Benz, he injected him with liquid that had air bubbles in it, which caused benz." - House M.D

"Faith without logic is the same as knowledge without understanding; meaningless"
Back to top
dominae
Banned



Posts: 2425

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 02:54    Post subject:
Well, something about first calling for clarity and critical thinking while at the same time generalizing everyone as idiots certainly seems like a full-blown attempt at hypocrisy.


I also think fisk should be unbanned.
Back to top
Lutzifer
Modzilla



Posts: 12740
Location: ____________________ **** vegan zombie **** GRRAAIIINNSS _______
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 03:10    Post subject:
dominae wrote:
Well, something about first calling for clarity and critical thinking while at the same time generalizing everyone as idiots certainly seems like a full-blown attempt at hypocrisy.


i think he called everybody an idiot first Laughing
Back to top
AnimalMother




Posts: 12390
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 03:47    Post subject:
Lutzifer wrote:
dominae wrote:
Well, something about first calling for clarity and critical thinking while at the same time generalizing everyone as idiots certainly seems like a full-blown attempt at hypocrisy.


i think he called everybody an idiot first Laughing


You know his posts are similar to what typifies the convictions of someone on psychedelics. They think they're so full of insight, that their perspective is absolute. Yet they are based on nothing but pretentiously skewed observation, vulnerable to the same predilections as everyone else.

It's fine to philosophize over this in a detached manner, but when you think it actually has some relevance to the practicalities of life then it's a issue.


"Techniclly speaking, Beta-Manboi didnt inject Burberry_Massi with Benz, he injected him with liquid that had air bubbles in it, which caused benz." - House M.D

"Faith without logic is the same as knowledge without understanding; meaningless"
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 05:20    Post subject:
AnimalMother wrote:
Phluxed wrote:
Conversation based on overexamination of part of the human condition.... is trite.


You've heard of philosophy? Theory without context.


I feel thats almost entirely what this thread has turned into...
Back to top
nouseforaname
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 21306
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 06:28    Post subject:
kaeye wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
swingman wrote:
Wtf is this thread about?


+ fucking 1


At first I thought that. But then I think realizing the way chinup posts it was intended to be this way; to arouse conversation.

I dont expect you to get involved because you dont usually bother in topics like this anyway Wink

(no that isnt an insult)


no because I don't subscribe to the theory of naivety. Chinup is a good guy but a bit too much of a hippy sometimes Wink


asus z170-A || core i5-6600K || geforce gtx 970 4gb || 16gb ddr4 ram || win10 || 1080p led samsung 27"
Back to top
compubrain3000




Posts: 4094
Location: Egypt
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 06:38    Post subject:
Back to top
ChinUp




Posts: 5503
Location: 51.7° N ' 1.1° W
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 11:13    Post subject:
Lutzifer wrote:
where did i say that? *scratches head*
Ok perhaps I misconstrued what you wrote. What I got from it is expecting people to be objective, ie unbiased is a mistake.

Phluxed .. what are you calling teh human condition, people being so self absorbed that they cant see past their own nose ?

O & wtf is it with people needing to make out anybody who seeks to get past mental excrement is being holier than thou ? Seems like pathetic defensive BS to me. Cant you people get past chicken shit pecking order nonsense ?


"Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in & out of favor." ~ Frost
Back to top
GeordieRacer




Posts: 4008
Location: Leeds, UK
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 11:37    Post subject:
ChinUp wrote:
Cant you people get past chicken shit pecking order nonsense ?


The world can't...
Back to top
ChinUp




Posts: 5503
Location: 51.7° N ' 1.1° W
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 11:51    Post subject:
GeordieRacer wrote:
ChinUp wrote:
Cant you people get past chicken shit pecking order nonsense ?


The world can't...
Are you waiting for everybody else to get their shit in gear before you pull your finger out ?


"Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in & out of favor." ~ Frost
Back to top
GeordieRacer




Posts: 4008
Location: Leeds, UK
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 12:13    Post subject:
I'm not, I couldn't give a crap about pecking orders. I'm just saying it's the way the world works, not just in the human race either.
Back to top
JeanPerrier




Posts: 3247

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 12:25    Post subject:
what makes you believe you have the correct answer, Chin?


Back to top
ChinUp




Posts: 5503
Location: 51.7° N ' 1.1° W
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 12:30    Post subject:
GeordieRacer wrote:
I'm not, I couldn't give a crap about pecking orders. I'm just saying it's the way the world works, not just in the human race either.
Don't you see the inherent flaw in waiting for other people to start acting intelligently ? So long as everyone is waiting for somebody else to pull their finger out first its a stalemate.

JeanPerrier
What answer is that. This is not about me or you, its about the fricking state of our discourse. Everyone is resting on their loralls expecting somebody else to make an effort. All the while bitching because nothing is getting done. And whats worse is when somebody does make an effort & expects folks to share the burden they get treated like garbage. Hay you know it all get off my back, I'm busy waiting for everyone else to get their shit in order before I lift a finger.

what a pile of horse shit.


"Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in & out of favor." ~ Frost
Back to top
GeordieRacer




Posts: 4008
Location: Leeds, UK
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 12:54    Post subject:
ChinUp wrote:
GeordieRacer wrote:
I'm not, I couldn't give a crap about pecking orders. I'm just saying it's the way the world works, not just in the human race either.
Don't you see the inherent flaw in waiting for other people to start acting intelligently ? So long as everyone is waiting for somebody else to pull their finger out first its a stalemate.


I couldnt care less. I wasn't saying I could or couldn't see anything, all I was saying is that pecking orders are apparent not only in the human race. You're the one going on about inherant flaws and acting intelligently.

I don't know what your argument is, or what you're getting at. What I do know is, that you're hell bent on trying to explain everything to everyone. Just chillax, you'll give yourself a hernia.
Back to top
Pfiemelcheese




Posts: 1385
Location: Usually talking from my arse
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 13:21    Post subject:
He's just suffering from 'Temporarus Diarrheus from the Mouthus', its a serious affliction if left untreated, and yes I do get occasional bouts of that Geordie, usually a temp ban would fix the problem, either that or a gag:P


Back to top
GeordieRacer




Posts: 4008
Location: Leeds, UK
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 13:34    Post subject:
Pfiemelcheese wrote:
either that or a gag:P


oohh you saucy bugger
Back to top
JeanPerrier




Posts: 3247

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 13:56    Post subject:
ChinUp wrote:

JeanPerrier[/b] What answer is that. This is not about me or you, its about the fricking state of our discourse. Everyone is resting on their loralls expecting somebody else to make an effort. All the while bitching because nothing is getting done. And whats worse is when somebody does make an effort & expects folks to share the burden they get treated like garbage. Hay you know it all get off my back, I'm busy waiting for everyone else to get their shit in order before I lift a finger.

what a pile of horse shit.


what makes you think your views on "our discourse" are correct? what makes you think your powers of observation to get to your conclusions are correct?


Back to top
ChinUp




Posts: 5503
Location: 51.7° N ' 1.1° W
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 14:22    Post subject:
JeanPerrier wrote:
what makes you think your views on "our discourse" are correct? what makes you think your powers of observation to get to your conclusions are correct?
The data is clear as you like. Look over the thread yourself.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out when people are acting like a bunch of kids in a student house ducking the dishes.


"Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in & out of favor." ~ Frost
Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 15:35    Post subject:
Chinup Neutral Chill your beans. You may pop a blood vessel.


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
Pfiemelcheese




Posts: 1385
Location: Usually talking from my arse
PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 19:13    Post subject:
I think he already popped 3, thats why he started this nonsensical thread, he's on the road of no return, so expect more of these kind of threads. The next one will be,

- Why is it that?

I dunno why eh.


Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Thu, 28th Aug 2008 21:01    Post subject:
ChinUp wrote:
JeanPerrier wrote:
what makes you think your views on "our discourse" are correct? what makes you think your powers of observation to get to your conclusions are correct?
The data is clear as you like. Look over the thread yourself.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out when people are acting like a bunch of kids in a student house ducking the dishes.



Maybe because a lot of them are kids. And the rest are kids at heart.
Back to top
Page 3 of 5 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - The Bitching Session Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  


Display posts from previous:   

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group