|
|
| Page 112 of 114 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Wed, 24th Feb 2016 22:46 Post subject: |
|
 |
hmm loading times are very ok to me on a hdd, only 5-15 seconds max; guess they fix it or im just lucky, i remember in october it took much more to load.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Wed, 24th Feb 2016 23:09 Post subject: |
|
 |
Yea, it was fixed in a patch. Saves were the problem. They stored incredibly stupid things in them. Each creature that you summoned would stay in save, so would each trap, and certain ability involving traps would bloat the save even more.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Wed, 24th Feb 2016 23:46 Post subject: |
|
 |
Load times will still get longer and longer the further you are in the game. Near the end of the game it may not be as bad as it was before, but still quite a bit longer than it should be.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Thu, 25th Feb 2016 09:59 Post subject: |
|
 |
Increasing loading times isn't a problem unique to POE. You see it on a lot of "larger" Unity games.
The sooner devs stop using Unity the better. Torment is also filled with technical issues that I doubt will be 100% resolved by release.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Thu, 25th Feb 2016 10:39 Post subject: |
|
 |
Agree completely, Unity's a piece of crap.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Thu, 25th Feb 2016 10:44 Post subject: |
|
 |
It's cheap and easy to use - but yes, the end result is invariably crap.
Well, not true, I've seen ONE game that was actually really smooth and polished that was made in unity:
Endless Legend.
Every single other game has been dreck in terms of performance and they feel clunky on top.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sat, 27th Feb 2016 13:43 Post subject: |
|
 |
So I just finished white march and now my character is level 16 while still being near the beginning of act 2 in the main campaign. They totally fucked up balancing xp gain. Now I will have to play more than half the game at max level and any quest xp is useless. What were they thinking? Are you supposed to skip most of the side quests or what?
I could probably level up another time from 1-16 with the content that's left, haven't even touched endless paths yet. This is a real fun killer for me.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
prudislav
VIP Member
Posts: 29147
Location: The land of beer and porn
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 12:51 Post subject: |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 13:05 Post subject: |
|
 |
I agree with it for the most part. I played all of it (I'll play even "good enough" RPGs), it was a bland affair in the end. Since I expected a lot from Obsidian off the leash, PoE has been a very disappointing affair for me. I'm probably being too harsh, since it's not bad and it has more than enough content, but it's a very uninteresting game. Bleh is all I could say when I finished it, you crushed my hopes Obsidian. I hope Original Sin 2 will deliver.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 15:11 Post subject: |
|
 |
@Mister_s | Quote: | | e it's not bad and it has more than enough content, but it's a very uninteresting game. Bleh is all I could say when I finished it, |
what he said 
1) Lenovo Legion 7 (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3080 16Gb, 32Gb DDR4, SSD 1TB +2TB
2) SFFPC (streaming via Moonlight+ Sunshine)
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 15:58 Post subject: |
|
 |
| Mister_s wrote: | | I agree with it for the most part. I played all of it (I'll play even "good enough" RPGs), it was a bland affair in the end. Since I expected a lot from Obsidian off the leash, PoE has been a very disappointing affair for me. I'm probably being too harsh, since it's not bad and it has more than enough content, but it's a very uninteresting game. Bleh is all I could say when I finished it, you crushed my hopes Obsidian. I hope Original Sin 2 will deliver. |
Funny thing is of all the Kickstarter RPG's I thought it would be the best, but I ended up disliking it the most. The most disappointing part of it for me was the city. I was expecting something like Athkatla from BG2, full of interesting characters and quests. Instead it was a boring lifeless place.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 17:07 Post subject: |
|
 |
Yep. They focused waaaaaay too much on the combat system and classes, when I play Obsidian games for the world, plot, story telling, characters, etc. The things they neglected.
Gustave the Steel
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 22:19 Post subject: |
|
 |
• Do you expect viable information and/or conclusions out of a Gamespot review for a cRPG game that - at it's core - is a heavy story focused experience, that can be fully appreciated mainly by READING tons of content?!
• Do you believe in Santa Claus?!
• Do you have threesomes each night?!
Spoiler: | Time to wake up! You are (day)dreaming again. |
[removed due to being too big / against rules]
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 28th Feb 2016 23:28 Post subject: |
|
 |
@blackeyedboy
| Quote: | | Do you have threesomes each night?! |
I have fivesomes every night 
1) Lenovo Legion 7 (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3080 16Gb, 32Gb DDR4, SSD 1TB +2TB
2) SFFPC (streaming via Moonlight+ Sunshine)
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
JBeckman
VIP Member
Posts: 35771
Location: Sweden
|
Posted: Mon, 29th Feb 2016 11:12 Post subject: |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Mon, 29th Feb 2016 11:39 Post subject: |
|
 |
Finally! Been waiting for it. Thanks Bob.
EDIT
Meh it's a beta made by someone else, with only partial functionality.
[removed due to being too big / against rules]
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Mon, 29th Feb 2016 11:51 Post subject: |
|
 |
Does the IE Mod change combat enough to make it work well in real time on harder difficulties?
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Mon, 29th Feb 2016 12:20 Post subject: |
|
 |
| blackeyedboy wrote: |
Meh it's a beta made by someone else, with only partial functionality. |
IE Mod hasn't been worked on by the original devs for months now. Bester and Sensuki hate POE and quit updating the mod about a month after the original release.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Tue, 1st Mar 2016 09:02 Post subject: |
|
 |
So Sky Dragon ain't nothing compared to Adra one, eh?
[removed due to being too big / against rules]
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
Posted: Wed, 2nd Mar 2016 19:09 Post subject: |
|
 |
| Casus wrote: | It's cheap and easy to use - but yes, the end result is invariably crap.
Well, not true, I've seen ONE game that was actually really smooth and polished that was made in unity:
Endless Legend.
Every single other game has been dreck in terms of performance and they feel clunky on top. |
This is taken from the devblog of Thea: The Awakening. Devs at Unity must be complete idiots sometime:
| Quote: |
Today I wanted to write a little bit about our planned update from Unity 5.1.1 to 5.3.0 and why it’s taking so long.
First, let me say, that Unity is a great engine. We really enjoy working with it. I might be more difficult to pump out high-end graphics on it (not that we care, we haven’t got resources to provide AAA graphics anyway), but it’s easy to work with and its UI editor is the best I’ve worked with so far. Having said that, I sadly have to admit that most of the recent releases have not been ideal (and I’m being diplomatic here).
5.1.1 we used so far was released in June, 2015. The major problems with it was the resolution glitch – when the player selected a resolution that was of different aspect ratio than their monitor’s, all buttons’ hit areas where offset significantly, making the gameplay rather difficult and navigation extremely annoying. Some of those, who encountered that problem, found a solution on our forums, but others just assumed the game is faulty. I don’t need to add, it resulted in at least several refunds (and I do understand that, as a buyer I would expect the game to work without having to look at forums for solutions). 5.1.1 also caused a sticky keys problem on Linux build (which is officially not supported, but if that’s something we can fix then we would). So, we waited for Unity 5.2…
Unity 5.2.x fixed all of the above and also, among other improvements, added dropdown boxes, which we wanted to use in the Event Editor we are working on. But life would be too easy if everything worked correctly, right? So this time, there was something messed up with physics. Profiler, even on a new, empty scene, kept showing spikes on physics every few seconds, up to 160 ms. This, unsurprisingly, resulted in poor game performance and framerate drops. So, we waited for Unity 5.3…
Unity 5.3 was released on 8th Dec. It did fix the framerate drops, so we started using it for the last week and were very optimistic that all serious issues from previous releases have been fixed. Until we started testing on DX9, Linux and Mac. Mac build was crashing straight away. Linux and DX9 had a very serious graphical glitch, were upon interaction with an animated element on scene, several other animated elements on that scene was assigned a different texture for 1 frame (like – a Cancel button was getting a font atlas texture). The visual effect was that half of the screen blinked for a split second. Not something we could have present in a release build…
So we scratched our heads and the best option was to revert to an earlier Unity build. There was only one candidate – 5.1.4, which in theory should be working without 5.2 physics spikes, but with sticky keys for Linux fixed. This was all fine, but it would mean the resolution bug would still be present, at this bug alone was the main reason to move away from 5.1.x. And we would lose about one weeks worth of changes to try and apply it to an earlier version.
So we scratched our heads even more, and discovered that at the end of November, Unity released version 5.2.3. This one had resolution problems fixed, sticky Linux key fixed and no spike on physics. It also includes UI dropdown boxes and fixes some glitches with Input fields. But because it’s still 5.2.x series, it has no texture flickering glitch, that was added to 5.3.0 as a side effect of asynchronous texture loading to improve performance. At this point it needs more tests to use it for a release build, but we have high hopes.
So the past few days were full of very emotional reactions, thanks for the thrill Unity!  |
I think there is hardly a need to mention that 5.2.3 didn't work as planned ether, and that they are back on 5.1.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
JBeckman
VIP Member
Posts: 35771
Location: Sweden
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
| Page 112 of 114 |
All times are GMT + 1 Hour |
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
|
|
 |
|