Ridley Scott, who directed the original 1982 Blade Runner movie, is executive producing the series, Blade Runner 2099, a follow-up to the feature film sequel Blade Runner 2049, which was released in 2017 and directed by Denis Villeneuve.
Silka Luisa, showrunner of Apple TV+’s upcoming Elisabeth Moss-fronted drama series Shining Girls, is writing and exec producing Blade Runner 2099, which comes from Scott Free Productions in association with Alcon Entertainment and Amazon Studios.
The project, which would mark the first Blade Runner live-action series, is in priority development at Amazon Studios, which is fast tracking scripts and eyeing potential production dates. Staffing is currently underway for writers to join a room. Scott may direct if the series moves forward, sources said.
So they make "chick" with dick replicants now too?
Art design looks nothing like 2049. Closer to the original, I guess, but I don't feel the magic. Not a fan of either movies really, but both have very distinct styles with each having a charm of its own. This is just light rays over dust with generic "zoemg action!" music, at least from this trailer.
Blade Runner 2049 was one of the last big-budget Hollyflicks I genuinely enjoyed, and the original movie is a timeless classic to me, but I'm definitely not feeling this one either. It seems to have gone through the usual modernization treatment for a different (younger) target audience, borrowing from both the animu world and other similar productions I'm not particularly fond of.
Here's hoping it won't be Rings of Power shit-fi Edition, but expectations can't be high as I've yet to watch a not-so-Amazon show that hasn't ultimately disappointed me. And with current Ridley...
I know this is sacrilege, but imho the original Blade Runner is a shit movie with great set design. The plot is thin, characters uninteresting without arcs (Roy being the only exception sort of). It is slow and self indulgent. And yes, I have seen all versions. Even Harrison Ford hated the film, said it lacked substance.
2049 was a lot, lot better movie. An actual good movie.
And finally this Blade Runner 2099 trailer ... where do I start. It looks shit. Completely lacks the identity of 2049. The clothes, characters and dialog are laughable and out of place. And then to be honest, I just don't feel like spending my time watching a trans main character - I just can't be bothered with that. Fuck off, Bezos.
2049: Replicants are rebelling because they want to procreate, threatening Wallace Corporation's profits
2099: Women are now men, but you must call them women. Checkmate underground rebels.
That Niander fella is quite the cunning little bitch, isn't he?
Spoiler:
A system of balls interlinked within balls interlinked within balls interlinked within … one stem…
Balls.
Interlinked.
Balls.
Interlinked.
So let me get this straight: you could create specimens like Rutger Hauer and Daryl Hannah, but go instead with some dude parodying being a chick? Almost as retarded as putting a trans character on that harry potter game or any game/series in which magic is real
boundle (thoughts on cracking AITD) wrote:
i guess thouth if without a legit key the installation was rolling back we are all fucking then
I know this is sacrilege, but imho the original Blade Runner is a shit movie with great set design. The plot is thin, characters uninteresting without arcs (Roy being the only exception sort of). It is slow and self indulgent. And yes, I have seen all versions. Even Harrison Ford hated the film, said it lacked substance.
2049 was a lot, lot better movie. An actual good movie.
And finally this Blade Runner 2099 trailer ... where do I start. It looks shit. Completely lacks the identity of 2049. The clothes, characters and dialog are laughable and out of place. And then to be honest, I just don't feel like spending my time watching a trans main character - I just can't be bothered with that. Fuck off, Bezos.
The lack of substance was the reason I didn't like BR 2049. I thought it was very bland and lacked character as opposed to Blade Runner. I didn't think Ryan Gosling fit the role as the main replicant protagonist. That's just my personal opinion of course.
As for Harrison Ford disliking the movie.. he disliked Star Wars and Return of the Jedi as well.
The reasons he had for initially disliking Blade Runner:
Quote:
Harrison Ford initially disliked Blade Runner, citing a troubled relationship with director Ridley Scott and the gruelling filming conditions, which involved shooting for 50 nights in the rain. His primary objection was to the studio-mandated voiceover narration in the theatrical cut, which he felt was "clunky," "uninspired," and undermined his character, Rick Deckard, who he viewed as a detective who "did not have any detecting to do."
Ford also clashed with Scott over the character's nature, refusing to play Deckard as a replicant because he believed audiences needed a human emotional proxy. However, his perspective softened over time as he recognized the film's cultural impact and visual legacy. He eventually reconciled with Scott, who removed the narration for the Director's Cut and Final Cut, versions Ford later praised.
As for this BR 2099 miniseries? Bleh, not interested.
In my opinion both Blade Runner movies have excellent visuals and atmosphere. There are interesting hints of lore and worldbuilding in the background but it's barely elaborated. Story, plot, characters fall kinda flat in both of them.
So a show that takes this world and runs a better story with it could be really good.
"Transhumanist body and identity themes? In MY cyberpunk fiction? Unheard of!"
Ah, okay. I get it, she was cast because of the setting, and not because of the Hollywood trend. Got it!
Yeap, and black elfs and dwarves and gay orks in Rings of Powah is also made in deep respect for the setting and material
Not really the point, both are extremely different universes. Hyper, over and trans-sexualization actually make perfect sense in a cyberpunk universe.
The numbers don't decide, the system is a lie. The river running dry, the wings of butterflies.
And you may pour us away like soup. Like we're pretty broken flowers.
We'll take back what is ours. One day at a time.
You missed the point of my comment, or Radicalus'. The casting is not a function of respect for the source material, but one of virtue signaling.
If trans sexuality was covered like yall think it "make perfect sense" in the "universe", it would be fetishized ad absurdum, to the point where transtifa would be rioting on the streets (aka posting retarded nonsense on blusky that nobody reads). Remember the time period these works came into prominence.
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum