Tried watching Stargate Atlantis
Page 3 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Does it suck ?
It sucks ass
55%
 55%  [ 35 ]
no u
44%
 44%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 63

helvete




Posts: 2727
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue, 29th Jul 2008 23:22    Post subject:
Atlantis is awesome. Can't stand SG-1 (c'mon.. McGyver?? Really??). McKay for best character easy peasy. Wolsey might be a new favourite character as well. The scene in the last episode where he was alone in the briefing room and the doors wouldn't open for him was hilarious! Poor guy.. Smile


REPOST
Back to top
SycoShaman
VIP Master Jedi



Posts: 24468
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Tue, 29th Jul 2008 23:24    Post subject:
helvete wrote:
Atlantis is awesome. Can't stand SG-1 (c'mon.. McGyver?? Really??). McKay for best character easy peasy. Wolsey might be a new favourite character as well. The scene in the last episode where he was alone in the briefing room and the doors wouldn't open for him was hilarious! Poor guy.. Smile


What? SG-1 kicks Atlantis's ass man.

I cant believe you dont like Richard Dean Anderson. He's a badass


Back to top
djaoni




Posts: 8061

PostPosted: Tue, 29th Jul 2008 23:39    Post subject:
SycoShaman wrote:
helvete wrote:
Atlantis is awesome. Can't stand SG-1 (c'mon.. McGyver?? Really??). McKay for best character easy peasy. Wolsey might be a new favourite character as well. The scene in the last episode where he was alone in the briefing room and the doors wouldn't open for him was hilarious! Poor guy.. Smile


What? SG-1 kicks Atlantis's ass man.

I cant believe you dont like Richard Dean Anderson. He's a badass


RDA is IMO the best out of both shows by far.
Back to top
helvete




Posts: 2727
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed, 30th Jul 2008 00:03    Post subject:
Well I don't know about you guys but I grew up watching McGyver (was born 1980). He was my idol back then ( along with zorro.. Smile), so I really can't picture Mr Anderson playing another character. I've only watched a few episodes of SG-1, so I might not have given it a fair chance, but man those episodes creeped me out! McGyver didn't even like guns, and now he's a colonel? That shit just doesn't fly with me. Smile
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Wed, 30th Jul 2008 02:43    Post subject:
helvete wrote:
Well I don't know about you guys but I grew up watching McGyver (was born 1980). He was my idol back then ( along with zorro.. Smile), so I really can't picture Mr Anderson playing another character. I've only watched a few episodes of SG-1, so I might not have given it a fair chance, but man those episodes creeped me out! McGyver didn't even like guns, and now he's a colonel? That shit just doesn't fly with me. Smile


I watched McGyver too back then. It was a great show. I always think of the one with the sandpits and snakes on some island. That was filmed here too. I actually saw him a few times on Robson Street buying clothes. That is our fancy ass street. It was a LONG TIME ago. Like 88??? I think maybe. My time line could be off tho. (I am using expo 86 as a time line and I know I was in grad 8 for that) My google is broken atm.
Back to top
helvete




Posts: 2727
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed, 30th Jul 2008 14:16    Post subject:
My favourite "McGyverism" is the pine cone hand grenades. Wonderful!
Oh.. and wasn't there an episode that took place in the Amazon.. with some nasty ants that ate everything in their path? Marching ants, wandering ants.. something like that. Scared the hell out of me.


REPOST
Back to top
Acer




Posts: 3156

PostPosted: Wed, 30th Jul 2008 14:48    Post subject:
Phluxed wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:

I was like that with the new Battlestare Glacticia. Since when is starbuck a friggen women? I used to watch that every friday night as a kid. Starbuck is suppost to be a hot surly guy. The new show has a huge following too.


DID YOU JUST TAKE A SHOT AT THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION.

(I say that in jest)

I hear you though, as a fan of the original (I'm only 21, but a huge sci fi nerd) I was sort of frustrated at first. Except now, the show is basically the best thing on TV, Drama and Sci Fi.

As for atlantis, I liked the first season because I got baked and laughed. Seems somewhat drawn out to me... Not a huge fan.



Ah the pile of crap that is battlestar galactica. Dont understand how nayone can watch this. I saw most of season 1, the beggining was ok. You got to know the characters, the guy that banged that cylon chick was very annoying but the cylon chick was hot so it was bareable. What completely destroyed this show for me was the religios beliefs of the humaniods. How could humans, that were into christianity and rejected several gods suddenly adopt something resembling the old greek and roman gods. And the whole finding the arrow of aries or whatever that was to find our way home. Come on! Such an advanced civilization would have a more technical and elegant solution than a tacky golden arrow that would lead them back to earth.
i hate that show with every fiber of my body.

Stargate shows are laughable attempts at sci-fi, with poor acting, looney tunes characters etc.
Give me Star Trek, Space: Above and Beyond, X-files, Babylon 5, the outer limits, any day of the week. Those are great sci-fi shows


Dont mess with God, he can impregnate your girlfriend/wife without taking his pants off!
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Wed, 30th Jul 2008 17:36    Post subject:
helvete wrote:
My favourite "McGyverism" is the pine cone hand grenades. Wonderful!
Oh.. and wasn't there an episode that took place in the Amazon.. with some nasty ants that ate everything in their path? Marching ants, wandering ants.. something like that. Scared the hell out of me.


Army Ants. They had a recent come back in the Indiana Jones movie.
Back to top
SycoShaman
VIP Master Jedi



Posts: 24468
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Wed, 30th Jul 2008 17:41    Post subject:
pistolshrimp wrote:
helvete wrote:
My favourite "McGyverism" is the pine cone hand grenades. Wonderful!
Oh.. and wasn't there an episode that took place in the Amazon.. with some nasty ants that ate everything in their path? Marching ants, wandering ants.. something like that. Scared the hell out of me.


Army Ants. They had a recent come back in the Indiana Jones movie.


Thats also a good song by Stone Temple Pilots Razz


Back to top
helvete




Posts: 2727
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun, 10th Aug 2008 15:38    Post subject:
Kewl.. I'm gonna watch me some Indiana Jones then!
btw.. best porn title of all times.. In Diana Jones. Wink


REPOST
Back to top
Page 3 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - The Bitching Session Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  


Display posts from previous:   

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group