Fat kids everywhere....
Page 3 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
korkin




Posts: 495

PostPosted: Wed, 20th Aug 2008 18:22    Post subject:
Quote:
We are already at 64% overweight almost half of those 64% are obese!

Not in my country.
Okay that was childish, sorry.

Quote:
Things need to change and that changed needs to target our children. Laws should be made and enforced to make it happen.


I don't believe giving a government a free hand at making laws that undermine basic human rights is the way to go, once laws like that pass all kinds of unexpected shit starts to happen. There are other steps your government can take to fix that problem. In the last years many laws were passed regarding safety against terrorism and I don't believe a single one of them did any good. There isn't a single American safer now due to those laws but almost all of them had their basic rights crippled.

Again, I'm not saying things shouldn't change. I'm just saying passing laws is not the correct way. How about building centers all around the world that are able to educate and provide equipment for free for anyone who wants. Also a good idea would be not to create a negative stigma of the visitors to those centers.

If you're so passionate about it, why not open up a free gym for kids in your area? Don't have the money? Ask for donations in your area, let people understand it's for their own benefit. Or maybe ask for a government assistance ?(fat chance lol that was a joke)

Quote:
I've never said fat people suck or that they should be gassed like you accuse me of
Oh man, I didn't accuse you of it. It was a dramatic exaggeration about how unpopular it is to be fat.
Back to top
AnimalMother




Posts: 12390
Location: England
PostPosted: Wed, 20th Aug 2008 18:29    Post subject:
FireMaster wrote:
fat kids are mostly arrogant too
genocide , anyone?

funny thing is I can eat ALL I want and can't get fat no matter how much I eat or drink


You probably eat nowhere near the amount you think, anyway enjoy it while you can, everyones metabolism slows once they go past 25.


"Techniclly speaking, Beta-Manboi didnt inject Burberry_Massi with Benz, he injected him with liquid that had air bubbles in it, which caused benz." - House M.D

"Faith without logic is the same as knowledge without understanding; meaningless"
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Wed, 20th Aug 2008 21:22    Post subject:
AnimalMother wrote:
pistolshrimp wrote:
frno wrote:

Ohhh pooor fat kids Crying or Very sad , they have an eating disorder Crying or Very sad ... My heart is bleeding Laughing Laughing Laughing
Its funny how americans blame everyhing on mental illnesses, various disorders If your stupid and lazy and cant do shit at school you become dyslectic, if your fat then you must have an eating disorder etc.
If the adults are fat/stupid themselves how do you think they gonna raise up their children?




What is it that you don’t understand of a mental illness? I am not talking about a bleeding heart btw. Education ftw!!!


You do realise that clinically, obesity is not considered a psychiatric illness. Certain conditions, illnesses and medications can increase the potential risk of developing obesity; but the fundamental cause is excessive calorie consumption and a sedentary lifestyle.

The major reason for the obesity epidemic has nothing to do with increasing rates of mental illness or genetic predisposition, it's onset is too rapid for those to be a factor. It's the prevalence of high energy/high fat convenience food, minimally physically active jobs and the use of cars as the primary form of transport.

Pistol don't take away the fact that in the majority of cases these people are responsible for their condition. Or do you think that someone who is a pedophile is simply at the mercy of their urges and shouldn't be punished?

Why is it hard to accept that some people are just too weak to resist their self destructive tendencies? Drug addicts are the epitome of this aspect of the human condition.


I do agree with you that it is not clinically considered a psychiatric illness and that the convenience of high fat and calorie food play a huge role but there is something to what I am saying. My doctor thinks an eating disorder is a type of mental illness. They give medication (like OCD meds for it) They are responsible for their condition but you have to have some sort of understanding that they have a problem. I am not excusing their responsibility.

We have people who don’t ‘see’ themselves realisably. I watched an overweight, obese women at the pool yesterday who wore shorts over her bathing suit. She couldn’t pull the shorts up to her waist. She wore them on her hips and below her gut. The bathing suit thigh cut was higher past where she could pull the shorts up. It looked really weird. That is not being able to look at yourself in a realistic way. Lots of people don’t think they are as fat as they are.

There are also people who have some problem where they don’t know when to stop eating. I watched a show about these huge people and they were orgasmic when they talked about eating. They were eating themselves to death. The fat inside their rib cage was putting so much pressure on their insides their heart was about to burst, but yet they still keep eating. Sometimes their brain processes the information differently, they don’t know when they are full or they process anxiety as hunger so they eat.

Quote:

Why is it hard to accept that some people are just too weak to resist their self destructive tendencies? Drug addicts are the epitome of this aspect of the human condition.


Look back into those people history. Lots of those addicts have other issues like fetal alcohol syndrom so hence the lack of impulse control. They were kids once who had no control over their learning or their environment. Their parents, caregivers or the foster system stole these kids ability to cope with dissapointments and stress in life so they turn to drugs to make them feel better. Sometimes people can't handle the misery of their life and will do anything short of sucide to escape it. It is unfathomable for the most part for us to truely understand why people do the self destructive things the do.
Back to top
korkin




Posts: 495

PostPosted: Wed, 20th Aug 2008 23:19    Post subject:
Back to top
Butt_Surfer




Posts: 432

PostPosted: Thu, 21st Aug 2008 05:49    Post subject:
I saw a fat chick today riding a bycicle and as she went over a bump her tire blew! poor girl.. I'm the kind of person that can eat tons and don't get fat but I never really liked fatty meat and I always remove the fat. Now I don't even drink sodas and crap like that.
People need better education on diet.
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Sat, 23rd Aug 2008 20:14    Post subject:
Found these today from Concerned Childrens Advertisers.
http://www.cca-kids.ca/corp/index.html Their site.

2 commercials where a dancing kid looses his head. I thought they were good.

http://www.fcpmc.com/issues/hal/splash/psa1-eng.html


http://www.fcpmc.com/issues/hal/splash/psa2-eng.html
Back to top
Page 3 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - The Bitching Session Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  


Display posts from previous:   

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group