My First day of School!
Page 3 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
korkin




Posts: 495

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 11:00    Post subject:
SycoShaman wrote:
LeoNatan wrote:
I don't know, it's too barbaric and stupid in my opinion. So yeah, if hit him, I'll have a momentary satisfaction. Later I feel guilty. It's stupid.


lol its not barbaric. Fighting is an art.

I think people who are afraid to fight either cant fight or are afraid to get hit/hurt.

Once you get over that fear, you can concentrate on skill.

There's alot of things that go into fighting - strategy, intelligence, agility, dexerity etc
Fighting is a hard skill to learn but its worth it

Knowing you can defend yourself against almost anything. It provides confidence and such.

And by fighting I dont mean attacking someone, thats wrong. I mean a straight one on one fight. Nothing wrong with that.

You learn alot about yourself through fighting dude

Rolling Eyes Some people are able to dodge folly without backing into fear.
Back to top
SycoShaman
VIP Master Jedi



Posts: 24468
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 12:52    Post subject:
Phluxed wrote:
besthijacker wrote:
Phluxed wrote:
Or just prey on the ones that have trouble making eye contact.


WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT? wanna fight?

jeeezus im so tired of listening to that crap...


Tired of listening to what? You can't win a stare down?

I had actually meant girls...

Also, I'm with Leo, I just think street fighting is idiotic... MMA is an art, or like any martial arts but you dont do that in a fight. You grab the dude, try and push him into something, hope he loses balance then start tossing blows.. it's not an art, it IS barbaric.


uh dude, i apply alot of my martial arts knowledge in street fights. only untrained fighters "just grab the dude".
I'd love it if someone grabbed me. His wrists would be broken in an instant.

When ppl think of martial arts they think of what they see on tv. I dont do that. I teach real fighting. Organized street fighting and its very effective.

There's practical martial arts, then there's the shit they teach at clubs that offer 'black belt programs'.

Like I said, I think you guys are afraid to fight. Cause Ive talked to alot of people about this and ppl that arent afraid to take a shot and have real training (and some that dont) have no problem fighting.
Street fighting is perhaps the hardest of the arts to master as its so unpredictable. Thats why its such a challenge.
You cant test your fighting skills in a controlled environment.


Back to top
korkin




Posts: 495

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:12    Post subject:
Back to top
djaoni




Posts: 8061

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:21    Post subject:
korkin wrote:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_tough_guy


http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Image:Itg_quarterly.jpg Laughing
Back to top
SycoShaman
VIP Master Jedi



Posts: 24468
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:29    Post subject:
korkin wrote:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_tough_guy


your an idiot

how am i being a tough guy

I simply explaining and yes, ive been training since i was 10 years oid. Im now 31 so I know what Im talking about

Maybe you should ask me about myself before making such stupid comments


Back to top
korkin




Posts: 495

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:40    Post subject:
This thread is full of fight talk, why do you assume my post was aimed at you? Interesting.
Back to top
SycoShaman
VIP Master Jedi



Posts: 24468
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:46    Post subject:
korkin wrote:
This thread is full of fight talk, why do you assume my post was aimed at you? Interesting.


because it was right under my post...hmmm, safe assumption isnt it...interesting

and whats wrong with talking about fighting?


Back to top
korkin




Posts: 495

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:52    Post subject:
SycoShaman wrote:
korkin wrote:
This thread is full of fight talk, why do you assume my post was aimed at you? Interesting.


because it was right under my post...hmmm, safe assumption isnt it...interesting

and whats wrong with talking about fighting?


Did I claim it was? All that talk merely reminded me of that article. so I shared it.

Quote:
because it was right under my post..

A coincidence.
Back to top
SycoShaman
VIP Master Jedi



Posts: 24468
Location: Toronto, Canada
PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:53    Post subject:
if you say so man


Back to top
Cohen




Posts: 7155
Location: Rapture
PostPosted: Sat, 6th Sep 2008 13:54    Post subject:
there are no coincidences. Only stupid people.


 Spoiler:
 


troll detected by SiN
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sun, 7th Sep 2008 04:08    Post subject:
SycoShaman wrote:
Phluxed wrote:
besthijacker wrote:


WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT? wanna fight?

jeeezus im so tired of listening to that crap...


Tired of listening to what? You can't win a stare down?

I had actually meant girls...

Also, I'm with Leo, I just think street fighting is idiotic... MMA is an art, or like any martial arts but you dont do that in a fight. You grab the dude, try and push him into something, hope he loses balance then start tossing blows.. it's not an art, it IS barbaric.


uh dude, i apply alot of my martial arts knowledge in street fights. only untrained fighters "just grab the dude".
I'd love it if someone grabbed me. His wrists would be broken in an instant.

When ppl think of martial arts they think of what they see on tv. I dont do that. I teach real fighting. Organized street fighting and its very effective.

There's practical martial arts, then there's the shit they teach at clubs that offer 'black belt programs'.

Like I said, I think you guys are afraid to fight. Cause Ive talked to alot of people about this and ppl that arent afraid to take a shot and have real training (and some that dont) have no problem fighting.
Street fighting is perhaps the hardest of the arts to master as its so unpredictable. Thats why its such a challenge.
You cant test your fighting skills in a controlled environment.


You misread what I said.

Uh dude, I said martial arts are an artform. In a street fight, you are using some of what you learned to defend yourself. It's still barbaric.

OH AND! Streetfighting isn't an art because all that has to happen is one guy comes at you, another bottles you, then they stomp you. It's REALLY stupid, and shit, but it'll happen and then the art gets tossed out the window Sad


Last edited by Phluxed on Sun, 7th Sep 2008 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
pistolshrimp
Über-VIP Member



Posts: 11007

PostPosted: Sun, 7th Sep 2008 04:59    Post subject:
Timechange.

I was just relating my experience in high school, didn't mean you were in it Laughing
I really didn't go out of my way to make friends in colege. I had a few. I made several good friends in Ecology class but we were always working in groups and taking field trips. We went to a marine wildlife station for a week. Those were good setting to make friends.

I was always content with a good book and being by myself.




About the fighting. I think street fights show immaturity and low class. It is one thing to defend yourself but I think Leo was smart for getting the police involved if he was outnumbered and they were into knives and shit. Why put yourself in the middle of something when you know you are going to get your ass kicked or worse. Getting yourself outta those situations is called using your brain.

Problem solving skills FTW


I think leo was smart for doing what he did if he thinks
Back to top
timechange01
VIP Member



Posts: 6650

PostPosted: Sat, 13th Sep 2008 04:17    Post subject:
I freakin LOVE school!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Lol I can't wait to go back on Monday. I started talking in my classes this week and made some friends. In my french class, I started acting like my normal self (like here on this forum lol) without holding back and almost everybody sitting around me talks to me now which is such a change. People I don't even know in that class, knows my name. And that girl from last week, sits all the way across the room but she comes up to me and plays with my hoodie. It was just so random but I thought it was cool lol. Ive never experienced this before but Im really liking it!

Im not complaining about school anymore Very Happy



ASUS Maximus XII Formula | Core i9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 4200Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper | ASUS ROG PG35VQ
Back to top
daggerer




Posts: 253

PostPosted: Sat, 13th Sep 2008 04:22    Post subject:
I don't go back to uni until october 13th Surprised
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat, 13th Sep 2008 05:08    Post subject:
Haha, yea, schools for me is great too timechange. Lots of the same experiences. Lots of new friends, and a lot of participation in class. I love to try and say any insights I have on subjects in a funny way, and it works a lot.

One of my TAs for a rhetoric class knows my name already, and has no idea about anyone elses, which is great. She's really socially awkward, her voice trembles when trying to speak to the class, and shes always laughing shyly. She's got these really cute like.. stances when she's trying to emphasize something, or when shes waiting for a question, she like, puts her hips really far to one side and like tilts her head...

I've talked to her for a bit after classes both days. She's working on her PHD right now at my school.

Sigh, I think I'm crushing on my TA, how typical.


Back to top
timechange01
VIP Member



Posts: 6650

PostPosted: Sat, 13th Sep 2008 05:35    Post subject:
Phluxed wrote:
Haha, yea, schools for me is great too timechange. Lots of the same experiences. Lots of new friends, and a lot of participation in class. I love to try and say any insights I have on subjects in a funny way, and it works a lot.

One of my TAs for a rhetoric class knows my name already, and has no idea about anyone elses, which is great. She's really socially awkward, her voice trembles when trying to speak to the class, and shes always laughing shyly. She's got these really cute like.. stances when she's trying to emphasize something, or when shes waiting for a question, she like, puts her hips really far to one side and like tilts her head...

I've talked to her for a bit after classes both days. She's working on her PHD right now at my school.

Sigh, I think I'm crushing on my TA, how typical.


Lol pretty much the same here. Whenever I go late to english class, at the end of the class I go upto her to tell her I came in late and before I say anything shes like "I know who you are! so dont worry about the attendance." She's a typical hot blonde chick (typical hot as in thin and attractive lol). I try not to crush on her because it would be too weird and I won't be able to concentrate anymore. Shes pretty young too. She looks like a student. And shes hotter than all the students in our english class except 1 student named Jenna who is a little bit hotter than her. I actually have a picture of Jenna:
 Spoiler:
 


She looks pretty mean here but shes not mean in real life.

And in french class, I dont even know my french teacher's name but apparently she knows mine. We had a quiz today and basically she would ask questions and we had to write the answer in french on our paper. It was just 5 basic questions like "what color is the board" and "which day of the week is it." And one of the questions was "Is Sam the professor?" I was like woah where did that come from lol

I should have just wrote down "Oui, je suis professeur" lol but I would be wrong Razz But yea wow I love school a lot. I was wayy wrong before when I said I hated it. The best part is I don't have to pretend to be mature and stuff. I find humor in pretty much anything anybody says lol which is probably not a good thing if theyre being all serious and stuff Very Happy



ASUS Maximus XII Formula | Core i9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 4200Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper | ASUS ROG PG35VQ
Back to top
Phluxed
VIP Member



Posts: 4911
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat, 13th Sep 2008 05:43    Post subject:
je suis professeur is i am the professor.... so yes, you'd be wrong Wink

My professor is like... sort of the hot nerd. She's got the thick black rimmed glasses, kind of dresses anti trendy (though thats trendy in itself)...

Ah, I'm glad we're both so happy at school ;D


Back to top
timechange01
VIP Member



Posts: 6650

PostPosted: Mon, 15th Sep 2008 08:04    Post subject:
Yes me too. Im a little freaked out about today though. I have to perform in a play. This is beyond anything Ive ever done before. Im so dead



ASUS Maximus XII Formula | Core i9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 4200Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper | ASUS ROG PG35VQ
Back to top
Page 3 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - The Bitching Session Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  


Display posts from previous:   

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group