The Blood of Dawnwalker getting a new difficulty option, combat changes and more in game's first "big" patch scheduled for early October
Speaking to Eurogamer, The Blood of Dawnwalker game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz has discussed several game improvements coming in a "big patch" currently scheduled for early October - including a brand new difficulty option, combat targeting changes, and making it easier to escape from battles by running away.
Tomaszkiewicz also told me in an interview that the studio is exploring a New Game Plus mode - "Yes, we are," he said smiling but not saying anything more - and potentially adding new enemies to improve variety. "There is a chance but I don't want to speak about it yet," he said. "We will have the proper beats with our publishing team and if I tell you more, they will kill me."
"We will introduce an additional difficulty level," Tomaszkiewicz revealed, "but an easier one, because many people are asking for a more easy difficulty. The Story mode which we have right now will be a different difficulty - we will call it Demanding or something like this - and we will add a new Story mode which will be even easier for people who don't want to experience the combat, they just want to learn the story and go through the game without this gameplay challenge."
"There will be three hits you need to take off this stun," he added. "We will see how people will react to that because, as I said, it can create another bad feel, but we will see. Maybe people will switch between targets fluently and if they want to just stun, it will be fine, and if they want to stun and hit a few times, it will be also fine. We will see."
Called it, the game is definitely not finished. I'm guessing they wanted to release it to get some money to invest in polishing it further. I turned the combat difficulty to story mode not because I found it too hard just tedious and very underbaked.
I can perfect block just fine but if it only allows me to do one hit which the enemy's animations barely react to it and launch counter attacks while I'm still locked in my attack animation plus the spongey health bars even on basic enemies just made it feel like a chore.
inability to choose which enemy I wanna lock onto didn't help one bit either.
On story mode I can at least get it over with quick enough and enjoy the exploration and writing which is something they did well here.
Blood of Dawnwalker Director Says the October Patch Will Make Escaping Combat “Fluid” and Fix Target-Switching Issues: “It Will Be a Big Change for People”
Rebel Wolves is preparing its first major post-launch update for The Blood of Dawnwalker, with smoother combat escapes, improved targeting, a new easier difficulty and performance upgrades planned for early October.
Hopefully the patching will smooth out at least some of the pesky edges - I'm looking forward to this but the patient bear way truly is the best approach, especially with ambitious RPGs. And then there's the omnipresent Angina 5 tax that often requires extra nursing, too.
Once I let go of trying to chase down the low HP guy, and just let the game select the target for me, I got in to a very satisfying flow state. The other big tip is: stand your ground and parry, stop dancing around. Once this clicks with you, the game becomes very smooth (and easy). I play hardest difficulty, and having a breeze.
Once I let go of trying to chase down the low HP guy, and just let the game select the target for me, I got in to a very satisfying flow state. The other big tip is: stand your ground and parry, stop dancing around. Once this clicks with you, the game becomes very smooth (and easy). I play hardest difficulty, and having a breeze.
At its best it reminds me of a really shitty version of Sekiro
Finished it. Liked it. Was a good game, I happily paid them my money.
Coen was written poorly. He was either too gentle (pussy) or hysterical (with angry flailing arms animations). From the one point, he is a young adult, so I guess it can work. But at the same time I like men to be more stoic and strong. But he was passable.
Some quests were really fucking good, Vilcho storyline being by far the best in the game.
I had little problem with Lacra, the girlboss vampire. I think she was written pretty decently, and was generally fun.
Anca on the other hand was a blue haired feminist cat lady self insert. Very, very out of place in this game. Poorest part of the game.
Yes, the game has woke writing, but it wasn't that bad (and I hate woke).
Combat and the RPG mechanics I think were quite good, but lacking depth. Good foundation. Mid game the opponents were HP sponges, but then you quickly became OP.
I recommend the game. Was fun. Was original enough. Aside from performance (fixed with a mod) I had zero bugs, and it was polished. Good world. Good lore.
The time management thing is mostly an illusion, not only do you have more than enough time to level up and save coen's family, you've plenty to do all major side quests and most of the mini activities and chasing legendary loot. By the time the 30 days are over all that's left is mini open world bloat like fixing shrines or repetitive tasks.
I have a 5090 and 7800x3d. It did wonders for me with stuttering, but then again, I have a very high end PC, so your mileage may vary. I was skeptical before downloading, but then read like 100 comments that swear by it, and then I gave it a try.
There are two versions. The BASE and Experimental. Use the BASE one.
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum